Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Springtime projects part two

Hello there & welcome!
Today I have some more Springtime projects to share with you. Firstly something I had hoped to make for our Easter decorations last year but I ran out of time (that happens a lot round here!). It's a great project for using up some pretty fabric scraps & it really doesn't take long so if you want to make some for this Easter there's still plenty of time. There are probably a few patterns out there for fabric eggs but I used the one by Kim from Retro Mama which you can find here. She has some lovely patterns! In a few hours I had three made up which was just what I needed to fill this little nest which I spied in Hobbycraft a few weeks back...

In the background you can see a new mini pillow, one of three I stitched for this Easter. They are all free patterns available online & I decided to play with some colored aida & variegated threads I had in my stash to stitch them up. This wasn't a raging success - although everything looked good close up the colors are hard to see from across the room & look very washed out in photos... oh well, another one to chalk up to experience...
You can find the free pattern for this one here
The pattern for this one can be found here...
... and the pattern for this one can be found here. They really are lovely little patterns and I might stitch them in different colors to show them to their best another time...
Lastly I made a little ami chick for my grandson to give him with his chocolate egg for Easter. He's almost two now (how time flies!) & seemed very taken with the fabric eggs when I was making them. This little chick is pretty much the same size & shape, just right for little hands...
He is also from a free pattern which you can find here, I have made quite a few of these over the last few years & they work up in only a few hours. The only change I made this time around was to embroider his beak instead of gluing on a felt one given the age of his new owner!
Well I hope this finds you enjoying a lovely sunny Easter week, thank you for visiting here today & for all your sweet comments - I really love hearing from you all! 




6 comments:

  1. What fantastic projects. I love the pillows, they are very sweet. Well done on all your wonderful Easter projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments! I hope you had a lovely Easter,
      Helen

      Delete
  2. Sweet Easter finishes :) Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mii! I hope you had a lovely Easter :-)
      Helen

      Delete
  3. Lovely decorations. I think your cushions look awesome! The colours look good to me. XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph :-) Need to hop over & catch up on your latest goodies on your blog ;-) Have a lovely week
      Helen XOX

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!